· Thought-provoking lyrics delivered with stylistic influences ranging from old school hardcore punk to classic thrash to death metal.
· Crunchy chords, heavy riffs interspersed with occasional groove, solos that burn and once in a while wax a bit melodic, full-on grinds, arpeggio-driven mood swings—all things six-string.
· Laughter rooted in a twisted sense of humor spiked with irreverence.
· An undying love for real metal music coupled with a steady dedication to the craft.
· OPETH—My Arms, Your Hearse
· ARCH ENEMY—Wages of Sin
· MERCYFUL FATE—Melissa
· STORMTROOPERS OF DEATH—Speak English or Die!
· PANTERA—Cowboys from Hell & The Great Southern Trendkill
· IRON MAIDEN-- Killers
· FATES WARNING—Awaken the Guardian & Perfect Symmetry
· JUDAS PRIEST—Unleashed in the East
· METALLICA—Kill ‘em All
· MEGADETH—Peace Sells, but Who’s Buyin’?
· SEPULTURA-- Arise
· DEATH—Spiritual Healing
· CANNIBAL CORPSE—Vile & Gallery of Suicide
· BLACK SABBATH—We Sold Our Souls for Rock-n-Roll
· VAN HALEN—(first album)
· TED NUGENT—(first album)
· AEROSMITH—Toys in the Attic & Get Your Wings
· AC/DC—Highway to Hell & Back in Black
· QUEENSRYCHE—Operation Mindcrime
· DREAM THEATER—Images and Words & A Change of Seasons
· SYMPHONY X-- The Odyssey
· DELIVERANCE—What a Joke! and Weapons of Our Warfare
· GRIP INC.—Power of Inner Strength
For me, the money was a challenge. Fortunately, I got hit by a car soon after while riding my ten speed on Sandy Boulevard. The driver settled with me in cash out of court and I used the money to buy the guitar I had been borrowing. Cool twist of fate, huh?
Thus, my first band was born and the saga goes on to this day!
SCARFIST-- A polarized sort of sound and style of heavy metal: short & simple versus not.
DYOMINACH—Progressive Metal power trio with expansive stlyistic influences.
ROADKILL-- Speed Metal interspersed with moments of bluesy, heavy melody.
VYPER—One serious cover band with some originals-- a great deal of fun though!
SOLDIER BLACK—Where it all began: 3 teen metal heads cutting their teeth.